30th November 2020

Virtual1 launches high bandwidth services nationwide

Virtual1 have embarked on a project to increase its core backhaul capacity, offering higher bandwidth services and a greater range of resilience options.


Virtual1 have embarked on an ambitious project to significantly increase its core backhaul capacity nationwide, offering higher bandwidth services and a greater range of resilience options across the UK.

High bandwidth services are quickly becoming the norm for SME’s. Over 50% of the new services provisioned for these businesses in the last 6 months have been 1Gb services.

By the end of 2020, 60% of Virtual1’s network will have expanded capacity of up to 3Gb services, installed and live to access. This will allow them to offer significantly higher bandwidths for their UK customers. The remaining 40% of the network will also receive this increased capacity early in 2021.

As soon as additional bandwidth is available in any location, Virtual1’s award-winning customer management portal, 1Portal and quoting APIs will reflect any change in capacity — some locations are already live today.

Virtual1’s Neil Wilson said:

“2020 has shown a clear necessity for businesses to not only have connectivity that meets their requirements now, but that is also easily scalable to meet future demands. This year alone, we have seen significant growth in the sales of 10Gb services across our Greater London network and we are expecting that demand to be reflected across the UK”

“We understand that some businesses have much larger bandwidth requirements of 10Gb+ and urge them to speak to our Account Teams who are happy to work on larger bespoke requirements”.